Todd’s Wandering is the happy host of the October Japan Blog Matsuri. We’re looking for the best, the brightest and most unique bloggers to join the Japan Blog Matsuri (psst…that means “festival/carnival”, and everyone is welcome to join).
Ok, ok, October’s THEME is…
Yup, a whole Matsuri dedicated to the best Japan has to offer…or at least what YOU think are Japan’s best places, experiences, activities…whatever. Everyone has a different idea of what Japan is, and different reasons for visiting. What are the things you ABSOLUTELY MUST see, visit, hear, taste or do while in Japan? You can offer advice on the top 3 places to visit, the top 5 foods to eat, the best sake to drink, the best clubs, the most remote temple, the place to buy electronics, anything works in this month’s theme.
If someone is about to visit Japan for the first time what would you recommend are the essentials of an amazing trip? Have fun, be creative, walk off the beaten path and let’s put together a Matsuri that will be the everything guide to the best Japan has to offer. Anyone can submit as long as their article is inline with the theme, you don’t have to live in Japan or only blog about Japan! All you have to do is follow the guidelines.
Rules and Guidelines
1) You may submit older posts, but new ones are strongly encouraged. Make sure you follow the full guidelines here.
2) Your post can have a video BUT it must include at least one picture. Everyone likes pretty pictures
Try to keep your posts under 800 words. No one sticks around long enough to read a novel.
3) Please use the below keywords (anchor text) to point to this website.
Ok, this won’t get you kicked off the Matsuri but it’s good practice for all of us and helps promote the Matsuri, meaning more clicks and views for you. Please use the anchor text “Japan Highlights” when linking to this page. Once the Matsuri goes live change the link to the Matsuri page. It should look just like this: Japan Highlights
4. Please like, promote + share through Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, etc You can connect with me on Twitter here: @toddwassel and on Facebook here: Todd’s Wanderings Facebook Page to help spread the word and follow the Matsuri’s progress.
How do I submit my entry?
There are 3 easy ways to do so!
1) Email me a link to your post through my contact form: Contact Todd (I like this option the BEST!)
2) Submit your entry via the Blog Carnival Widget
3) Reply to this blog post with a link to your own matsuri post (leave a comment even if you e-mailed it to me…just so nothing gets lost!)
If you need any more information about the matsuri, here is the Japansoc Matsuri FAQ
Deadline: October 23th
The Matsuri will go live on October 25th
Ok, get to it. Have fun with it, and let’s uncover all the must sees, dos, experiences, eats, drinks, whatever Japan has to offer.
(photo credit: karma-police)